volvo 360 b200k to b230k engine swap

any one tried this

any one knows what the b230k engine needs above the original

I want some more power 100bhp to 113bhp and a lot more torque and the ability to run unleaded or skim the head and run maybe 120bhp.

does the b230k need nothing more than an ignition module change to make it work. know they ude the same carb and exhaust etc. Should I change the distributor? etc?

Reply to
pdpass

Isn't the angle different? Look at oilpan, oilpump and manifolds. Consider fitting the alloy cover of later models to stiffen up the diff.

Reply to
M-gineering

I would imagine the jetting in the carb is different, so it'd be best to use the B230 carb. You'd be better off if you could carry over as much as possible from the B230 installation, but you'd probably only notice problems from using the carb designed for the smaller engine.

Reply to
Mike F

Reply to
pdpass