Volvo Maintenance Frequency

Do you think the original poster should buy the 240 or was maintenance an issue? It is easy to tell every one to change their oil every time it looks dirty, but does it really matter?

My personal experience is that it doesn't. Many lease cars never have their oil changed. I wouldn't buy one, but it does happen. I have never found that following manufacturer recommendations has ever shortened the life of an engine, especially Volvos.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

I would say if the price is right, buy it. If it's running well now, then taking good care of it should keep it running for a while.

IIRC Volvo recommends 7k oil changes on the 240 for typical driving or 5k for towing, dusty environments, etc. This will of course get the car well past the warranty.

Reply to
James Sweet