volvo Newsgroup usage ...

Anyone know how to blackhole or banish these people posting crap to this newgroup? My take on it ... if it ain't about cars (volvo) then they should not be posting here and clogging up the newsgroup ...

thoughts?

Reply to
Jimbo

Jimbo

learn how to set up and use a killfile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not included, reply via the newsgroups or ask for a valid email address.

Reply to
127.0.0.1

Message filters are easy ... this is not the issue ... it's the people posting crap to the group that they shouldn't be ... when there are too many inappropriate postings then people may percieve this group as a political group rather than a volvo group ... I've seen a lot of good groups go bad and stop being used due to spamming like this.

127.0.0.1 wrote:

Reply to
Jimbo

Message filters are easy ... this is not the issue ... it's the people posting crap to the group that they shouldn't be ... when there are too many inappropriate postings then people may percieve this group as a political group rather than a volvo group ... I've seen a lot of good groups go bad and stop being used due to spamming like this.

127.0.0.1 wrote:

Reply to
Jimbo

And dont post twice..... :-) "Jimbo" skrev i meddelandet news:BNcjb.3474$ snipped-for-privacy@tor-nn1.netcom.ca...

Reply to
JohanE

I agree, but idiots like this are not going to stop because they are so self-important. These threads have been persistent for a couple of years, I am not sure which jerkoff starts them but they're perpetuated quite enthusiastically.

Check to see if your newsreader will kill by thread; if not, then killfile the authors. If that doesn't work, get a different newsreader that does have these abilities.

Reply to
Tim McNamara

Well, this really isn't spam per se. The only real option to stop inappropriate posting is creating a moderated group. Otherwise, Usenet is as free as air- you can't stop people from farting into your air space unfortunately.

Another option is to start responding to posts in the inappropriate threads and removing this newsgroup from the headers.

Reply to
Tim McNamara

Lots of Volvo advice from users and Volvo engineers at vvspy.com and Swedish engineering-Volvo Links.url.

Have tried sending the URL's as attachments but no-one seems to want to open them, fear of virus I expect. Regards, Brian.

Reply to
brian

From a point at sea, to the circles of your mind, this is brian:

That's because you clearly don't understand what a Newsgroup is, or how to post to one.

I blame this:

Reply to
Stewart Hargrav

You can send the URLs to me as attachments please Brian. I will have a use for them.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes