Volvo P410 code how do I bypass the pump/valve? 850 GLT emmisions due!

My P410 code comes on almost every day. I heard you can bypass the valve on top of the exhaust to the Air pump. Do I diconnect small hose on this valve and plug both ends

and is it the one with silver flat top with one big hose(to ai pump) and tiny hose on it , just behind engine center facing UP fro exhaust? Small hose points towards drivers door. Mine is a 1997 850 GLT

thanx Chri

-- clink69

from

clink69

top of the exhaust to the Air pump. Do I diconnect small hose on this valve and plug both ends?

If you don't want your light to come on, the only way is to have a working pump. The valve you're talking about disconnects the exhaust from the pump so it doesn't fill with water and other combustion product when the pump is off. The pump will work for a little while without this valve in the circuit, but not for long. If you need readiness codes for your emission test (test via OBD-II port) then you'll have to fix it.

Reply to
Mike F