Volvo s80 - acceleration problem

Hello,

I have recently bought a Volvo S80 2.5D year 2000 - 145.000kms and I have the following problem:

Practically (not always) each time when i give gas in 4th or 5th gear and starting from about 2500rpm the car seems to accelerate for 0,75 seconds and then waits about 0,25 seconds, then the car accelerates again for about 0,75 seconds, and so on...

All the power is available (he still reaches his top speed) but it seems like the engine holds each time a little bit.

The problem only occurs when I am in 4th or 5th gear and starting at about 2500rpm. Beneath this there is no problem at all.

Anybody have an idee what could be the problem or what causes it?

Many thanks, Steven.

Reply to
Steven

This is a known problem and will probably need a software download to effect a cure.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes