Volvos Made in Belgium?

If you had a 740 intercooled Turbo from that year, the turbo would have been Japanese as well (mitsubishi).

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

Sorry, I meant 1991 740 wagon.

John

Reply to
<jwjensen356

; metaxaman wrote: ; ; > Volvo 66 ; > Volvo 340/360 ; > Volvo 440/460/480 ; > Volvo S40/V40 (will be produced until June 300, 2004) ; > ; > Those models were made in the Netherlands: Well over 2 million in total. ; ; What will happen to the plant after that? Also - weren't some 240s made ; in that plant as well? The cars from that plant seem to be made pretty ; well - so a V40 should be a good car to consider. I just wish they had ; the turbo-4 in stickshift available over here.

The Born plant is owned by Mitsubishi (actually Daimler-Chrysler) since buying out Volvo). Volvo S/V40's will still be made there untill the end of June 2004 under the terms of the MMC/VCC contracts (Volvo Cars is still present in Born with its X40 Plant Vehicle Team).

In March 2004 the new Smart ForFour (nice car by the way; a bit expensive though) will be released for sales (the car is already being produced in Born). Later this year another two small Mitsubishi models (successors to the current Colt) will go into production.

Regards, Metaxaman

Reply to
Metaxaman

Actually, Mitsubishi bought out Volvo Car's INTEREST in the Born plant, not Volvo itself. Ford bought out Volvo Cars. Volvo Trucks, Penta, Construction Equipment, Buses, Finance, Aero, etc. still are under the original Swedish Volvo banner which is now called Volvo Groups.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning
740's for the N.A market were assembled from container'd Euro parts in Dartmouth, N.S. The 760's continued to be assembled in Sweden due to their interior and HVAC requirements. All that leather...all that insane auto-climate stuff. That being said, the parts came from all over. 740/60 owners will note that there are many French/German parts on these cars. I even had a GM power steering pump on my 82 245DL, assembled in Dartmouth. The Dartmouth assembly plant used teams of 6 persons on each car, start to finish. That was a cool feature. Uncool feature? Engine blocks sitting unprotected on the loading dock, next to the recieving door, for weeks at a time.

BTW, I won't be posting comments on this subject again; this is the 3rd time this thread has come up in the recent past...do your research before you ask, y'all. :-)

RS

Jeff Lesperance wrote:

Reply to
Rusty

Speaking of research...the plant was on the waterfront in HALIFAX (other side of the harbour) until it was moved to the Bayers Lake Industrial Park , also in HALIFAX NS.

K. (in Halifax)

Reply to
K Bourke