Warning Decal Removal From Visor.

New V70. Stickers are everywhere telling me not to kill children with airbags. Good idea of course but too many stickers. The dash sticker just peeled off. I will leave a few but want to remove stickers from drivers side visor. How in deuce can this be done without damaging the visor?

Reply to
BarlyCorn

On my '98 they just peeled off easily. I don't remember if I had to clean any residual glue off, but I do remember the whole job being problem free.

Reply to
Mike F

I'm not sure if there is any legality regarding removing those stickers, I think they are QUITE ugly. But if you sell your car later and the stickers weren't there, and an incident occurs?!?!

Anyhow, if there is any residue, you can easily remove it with WD-40 if it is on a vinyl surface, I don't know what kind of material covers your visors.

Reply to
Myron Samila

The best tool to use with "decals" is a blow dryer. They don't get

*too* hot, as do heaters intended for electronics use, but just nice and toasty at the usual 1.500 watts. Once everything's nicely warmed, just peel it away from the surface.

This also works, by the way, in dealing with the advertising that some Dealers are addicted to slopping onto the backs of the cars they sell, or with any factory insignia you might not like. I noticed in Germany a few years ago that virtually none of the "performance" oriented cars have any info other than the make displayed on the back. Friend Juergen S. tells me that one learns to quickly count exhaust pipes before seeing what the other guy can/will do on the road.

bob noble Reno, NV, USA

Reply to
Bob Noble