Weird problem with my 1987 740

I have the 1987 740 non-turbo with 200,213 miles. This morning I encountered a weird problem with my 740. The light turned green and so I gave it gas on the highway as usual. I was just me in the car, so my

4 cylinder did the usual 0-90mph in 3.2 seconds. When I got up to 187 MPH I felt a small vibration, but since one hand was holding my cell phone and the other my coffee, I didn't have any hands on the wheel to know exactly where it was coming from.

Anyway, it was the usual commute. I was blowing the Porsches and BMWs off the road in my non-turbo tank and they were giving me the usual 1 finger salute.

So I'm cruising along at about 192 miles per hour, getting a decent

32-34 miles per gallon and I notice the newly converted R134 system I installed is blowing at about 32.5 degrees F. Well, even though it's 105 F outside, I can't have my coffee get cold, so I turn it up a notch. I do a hairpin curve at about 142 mph and because of the tight handling of the 740, the coffee cup on the dashboard didn't as much as tilt. You have to love stock Volvo suspension.

I made the 85 miles commute in 13 minutes, which isn't too bad - but when I got to work I noticed something odd. My power antenna isn't working and I was wondering if I bought a stock mast from auto-zone, do I just need to install it and plug the wires together?

Thanks!

Reply to
Jamie

So YOU were the guy that passed!

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Have you been gluing up your headliner again Jamie? :)

Allen

Reply to
Allen