considering '01 V40 wagon

Seriously considering this model as it's better on gas than an Outback, is certainly more saftey minded (two infants) and well, it's not japanese. Is there any special considerations I should take into account when shopping? Known troubles, things to look out for, repairs I'd like to know should have/will need to be done...whatever comes to mind would help.

Thank you,

Michael

Reply to
screwloose

Gas mileage is good on the highways. I drive in th GTA, 100KM rount-trip from Aurora to Scarborough , and get 5 trips on a full tank (48L). Pure highway is about 25% better (Aurora - Toledo.)

If it's getting up to 135K or 140K, you're looking at the dread plug-change servicing -- about 300-400 dollars up here.

Good drive (my wife now owns one as well and has decided that she's not going to get a SAAB or Ford when her's gets replaced.)

Reply to
byrocat