wheel shudder and fix

Hey - Just purchased a 89' 244 with a broken odometer at +150,000 miles.

Problem - Wheel shudder beginning at 45 to 50 mph while going straight, "gone or much less" over 60 mph. Same at any speed above 40 when turning left but not right. umm?

Noted dent in right front wheel. Swap wheels, problem still there. Balance wheels, problem still there. Finally got off my donkey and noted just a "smidge" of looseness in rack (with wheels elevated and chassis supported by jack stands)

Replaced steering rods and ends (new boots too) No more shuddering!

I'm "guess-a-mating" I replaced the original parts (still blasted in undercoating)

Anyway, just thought I'd share what I've learned. $75 in parts and about and hour of time.

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Reply to
Mike Baldwin