Mk-II Golf GTi shudder when turning right

My 1990 MkII 8V Golf GTi has developed a shudder when turning right. It becomes noticeable above about 50 MPH. On a fast sweeping right, it feels like driving on cobblestones. In normal town driving, it's barely perceptible. No problem whatsoever if driving straight or turning left. My mechanic has tried to debug it, but is running out of ideas. So far, he' s swapped a lot of parts between right and left, including shocks, shock tops, wheels, outer CV joint. He's also replaced the left-hand front hub & wheel bearing. I'd really appreciate any ideas.

Reply to
wallry

Yup...track control arm bushes.

Reply to
Conor

dodgy tyre?

Reply to
mrcheerful

Mr Cheerful, We did swap the wheels around and the symptoms didn't change. Thanks for the suggestion.

Conor, Will check out your suggestion as regards the bushing, and post an update. I'll also get a complete of everything my mechanic has tried, but I won't see him until the weekend. Thanks.

Reply to
wallry