Where is starter lock-out: 89 740 GL?

Sometimes engine won't rotate. Had this problem not long ago on my Mercedes, and replacing the starter lock-out switch fixed it. Of course its on the tranny, but where? And is it replaceable without dropping the tranny? Like if I jack up one side or the other in the driveway, can I get to it? Thanks!

Reply to
Geronimo

It's inside the car, under the cover for the shifter assembly.

Reply to
James Sweet

James,

I took the neutral start switch out, and the brass contacts were BLACK, especially the contact for the PARK position! Scraped them shiny again...and I suspect the intmt. no-rotate problem will be gone. thanks!

Reply to
Geronimo