window goes down but not up - V70, S70, 850

I thought I'd pass this along.

didja ever have the problem where your window goes down but not up? I had that, twice, on my '94 850. I heard it happens with the later models, too. The first time, I went to the dealer to fix it, for $240. Ouch. They replaced the master switch module in the center console. Pricey for the failure of a $10 part. This time I fixed it myself, in about

40 minutes, just re-conditioning the switch.

pretty easy.

Thanks to OzBrick for the instructions :

dc

Yep. Most times I walk up to the Volvo parts desk, I walk away, amazed and empty handed.

Turn signal stalk broken. Approx. $350. ->Made a new one from 6061 Auminum

4" fuel return hose: $50.00. -> Pep Boys, $4.00

Other items that I can't get anywhere else, I buy from an independent shop that also sells parts.

The only reason I go to the dealer these days is for major service, such as the rear crank seal..

Doug Warner