'03 golf 1.8t

I'm considering buying an 03 golf 1.8t. Its silver, 18,000 miles, carfax report shows no accidents or anything out of the ordinary (it's a lease from florida). The car appears clean inside and out aside from a few paint chips on the front bumper. I've noticed, however, that at idle and low rpms there appears to be a slight rattling sound, like aluminum foil being crumpled. It also exhibits a slight side-to-side vibration when the car is stopped and the engine is revved through the 2-3k rpm range. Is this a characteristic of this particular car or engine that I shouldn't be worried about, or an indicator of possible trouble? Any advice, as well as a cc: to my email address would be appreciated. Thanks Scott

Reply to
Scott

rattle-center exhaust hanger vibration- pretty much normal.

Reply to
Woodchuck