1989 VW Jetta Antenna Install

Can anyone advise on how to install an antenna in an 1989 Jetta it is in the front driverside fender. thanks

Reply to
Lorraine

Phase 1 Remove radio out so you can access the rear of it. (Check to see if you need an adapter for the new antenna.) Raise Left Front end of car and securely support it. Raise hood. Remove enough bolts/screws to gain access behind front left wheel well. Remove lower nut/bolt at lower antenna support. Remove upper antenna nut and antenna.

Phase 2 I usually cut the antenna cable and it's insulation and insert the new antenna cable (radio end) inside of the old cable and tape it up thinly. Then I pull the old antenna grommet out of the body and cut it off if I have a new one. The following should be done slowly and carefully!!! Pull the old antenna cable at the radio hole while feeding in the new cable. It is easier with 2 people but I usually don't have help! lol

Phase 3 Reverse the steps in Phase 1. (Sometimes it helps if the antenna gets a good ground to the body of the car.)

Hope this helps and I did not forget anything. ;-) later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave