1999-2002 JETTA RECALL

Be advised that if you haven't received it already, a recall notification is headed your way if you own a 1999-2002 Jetta WITH CRUISE CONTROL. Safety Recall "WX" was issued (April 2004) to check/replace the brake light switch "that may malfunction, causing the brake lights to become inoperative or to come on and stay on, even though the vehicle is parked. Failure to provide the proper signal when braking could lead to a crash without warning."

If you own such a vehicle and aren't notified, contact: Customer CARE Center (WX) 3499 West Hamlin Road Rochester Hills, MI 48309 1.800.893.5298

===== Enjoy reading this newsgroup. Keep up the interesting q & a.

Bob

Reply to
jetta_man

Have you driven behind any Volvos lately? I see more Volvos with the brake likes staying on. It's so common, I am surprised that they don't have a recall. Someone must have had an accident and this is what they found in order for this to get recalled. FWIW...

Reply to
Peter Parker

I think that you are confusing the rear fog lights with the brake lights. Alot of Volvo (and other drivers), think it's cool to drive with the fog lights on when you don't really need them on.

David Michalski , D.V.M.

-='04 VW R32 & '01 GTI GLX Have Chip Will Travel

Reply to
VW R32