2000 jetta tach adapter

does this car need the auto meter tach adapter? what wire do I hook the signel lead from the auto meter tach to?
(pre flame defence) yes the car has a fatory tach, No the view obstucting
Tach will not add POWER to the car, Yes I am willing to put holes in the dash. I have wasted so much money on the stupid tach, that I dont want to spend more money for the tach addapter!
Just asking a simple question, but if you feel the need to flame, then go ahead, I can handle it.