2001 Passat - Rearview Mirror Change/Problem

Hi. I've searched for answers to this but have come up empty handed. So, if anyone can point me to some information, I'd really appreciate it.

I have a 2001 Passat and it has an auto dimmer rear view mirror. I got into the car the other day and it looked like part of the tint was missing. I moved the mirror and it acted as if there is an air bubble in some layer between the tint (?) and the mirror itself. Anyhow, now it has settled so that half of the mirror looks as it did (the lower half) and the upper half looks like a traditional untinted mirror.

Is there a layer of liquid in the mirror? Why did it cover the whole mirror but now it does not? Is this covered during the warranty period?

Thanks, David

Reply to
Theorbo