PD TDI differences

A little while ago someone asked about when the PD diesels started to appear in the VW's and someone said '04. Indeed, there was some kind of change and/or improvement made in '04. the PD however was introduced much earlier, something like '98 or '97. I'm wondering now, however, what exactly were the changes incorporated from '04 on. I note that the CDI variant (common rail) will be build in '07 assuming that diesel quality improves by then.

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

The PD may have been introduced earlier than '04 but '04 was the first year for the US market to get them.

Reply to
Matt B.