2003 GLI Gear Ratio

I have owned a 2003 Jetta GLI for about 4 months and I like almost everything about this car with the following exception:

After shifting into 6th gear I noticed that when traveling 75 MPH the engine is taching at 3000 RPM. In my opinion, the RPMs are excessively high for sixth gear! I keep wanting to shift again to lower the RPMs!!! Why did they even put a sixth gear on this car? What is the purpose?

Is there a problem with my GLI? I do not know of any other cars (even four cylinder cars) that rev 3000 RPMs in the highest gear. :-(

Thanks,

-Mij

Reply to
Mij Adyaw