64,000 Km check-up

I just had my 64,000 km check-up. They changed many things and parts but they did not mention anything about replacing the brake pads. It all came to $650 for this scheduled inspection. They also had a diagnostic check and replaced the Oxygen sensor for another $362. But now the CHECK light came back on and the rear brakes still make a hooshing sound on slowing down.

Now, may I assume that the brake pads are fine enough for the next 10,000km or so, and that another sensor might be gone bad?

cato

Reply to
Cato

You probably got taken. I would find out what the 64Km check-up consists first. Have the work itemized and cost out. You probably signed something that allowed them to replace anything that is wrong instead of asking you first. JAG.. Since you are Canadian, the prices don't seem that high compared to the US. The sensor connector that the sensor connects into is probably bad, not the sensor they replaced. That or the sleezy mechanic popped the white data wire to get more money out of you when you came back.

The rear brakes always sound like that. You probably have a passat. JAG since you didn't mention what vehicle you have. If you are not driving a VW and post on the RAMVW group, shame on you...

Reply to
Peter Parker