89 Jetta running hot: FOLLOW UP

I was running 100% water when I last wrote, merely b/c I was tracking down leaks. In trying to track down leaks it started overheating...and the fan was not coming on.

So I flushed it out a few times and got in 50/50 mix. I jumped the wiring and the fan comes on, sensor is likely bad.

So, with coolant in, and the fan on, the temp gauge sits a little left of center. Good.

Will need a new sensor, and the radiator is springing more leaks by the minute.

Are the late 80's radiators known for leaking? All of my early 80's VW's radiators were original and dry.

Paul '82 Vanagon '89 Jetta Several previous VW's

Reply to
Simplstupd

Darryl