91 Golf Intermittent power surge

I have a 91 Golf GL 1.8, and it's been acting a bit funky.

Usually, for me, it has little power. But every now and then, i'll start it up and BAM! it's good to go! It's like I have a little sports car again. But the next day it's gone again.

Another intermittent thing it'll do is when i'm cruising (60mph) i'll be on a level plane and keeping the pedal steady, I get a sudden power boost, like I just turned off the A/C.

Unfortunately most of the time it runs bad in my opinion. But those few times when it feels powerful again are great! Just curious if mabye there's some connection that might be loose that might could trigger this on/off power thing.

thanks

-matt

Reply to
mini chifa

check for broken ground wires at the intake manifold or cyl. head.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1