91 VW golf, different cams now PCV or Idle stabilizer

Hi there, Ive never seen this set up before, I bought a non running 91 vw golf with different cam gears. It was also missing the idle air control valve and the PCV valve was entirely missing. The vacum lines on the intake manifold have been plugged for the PCV and the idle air control, and I think the O2 sensor has been disconnected. The exaust looks like like its almost 3 inch diameter. I was just wondering if anyone has had a set up like this or nows about how its running with out the PCV in at all. Any info would be great. Thanks! Al Gordon

Reply to
petricola

Two acuum lines pluged should not disturb (if correctly pluged) as two of them control the charcoal canister valve opening and canister draining; the third one controls the opening/closing of a flap inside the air intake (near the air filter) allowing hot air intake. The PCV valve is mostly a drum shaped sort of condenser without valve, but should certainly be air tihgt, i.e. if disconnected, the engine will stall right away.

Reply to
al