'95 Jetta trans fluid dipstick

Just got this car.....trans slips a tad so wanted to check fluid level.....cannot find the dipstick! Manual shows an illustration of a blue handled stick right under the power steering pump filler tube but trust me, there is nothing there! Other eyes have helped---there is no dipstick to check the trans fluid at the torque converter.....manual says to check it regularly.....anybody have a clue? Thanks

Reply to
Labrea

That trans might be new enough that you need the VW scan tool to check the fluid, I think 95 was the switch over year.

Reply to
wolfsburgnut

Yep it was. A friend of mine had one of these '95s...no dipstick yet it was documented in the manual. It was a change during the '95 model year.

Reply to
Matt B.

My thanks to both of you.....

Reply to