Anything Missing?

2000 Passat 1.8T

Removed the plastic cover above the air intake to access and clean out the snorkel, and was surprised to see 4 threaded holes on the top of the housing. Is something supposed to be affixed there? I know the vehicle had a history of the usual intake related problems prior to our owning it (pump, fuse, hoses) so it's been worked on thereabouts several times.

Thanks, Alan

Reply to
amoogk