Cam belt replacement

I am installing on a 93jetta ABA a new cam belt among other parts. Setting the timing marks I discovered the distributor has one of the two alignment pins broken off and the mounting bolt is a standard type hold down clamp. QUESTION Should I position the distributor so as the alignment pins stradle the bolt hole equally on each side and should I try and get the propper hold down bolt. I am in Mexico and parts can be tricky to buy. Thanks for any thoughts on this. Dale

Reply to
dalerbaker

I'm here in the USA and don't worry about them pins. Just remove the other pin, line everything up and have a few Corona's.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck