my heater on my 87 Jetta.

hi, i have a 1987 vw jetta, last summer i bought my car and about a week after i bought it my fan and my heating stopped working. i fixed my fan it was just a fuse that was fryed. but still my heater wont work. it doesnt work on any position. it does not have a/c. its a turbo diesel engine. i was thinking of buying a heater blower maybe that's why it's not working. my car has 330 000km so it could be the part i mentionned because maybe it is still the original blower. oh, and if someone knows how to install a blower please write to be at my email adress thx alot.

Reply to
chris1990

none2u

The blower motor operates the fan. You said you fixed the fan with a replacement fuse (which powers the blower motor). Why are you focused on the blower motor? What exactly doesn't work?

Reply to
Jonny

I had an 87 and the flapper door is controlled by vacuum lines. My 87 use to eat heater cores if memory serves me right there is also a fan relay in some odd place on the passenger side of the car. The passenger side air control box can stay open or closed if you drop something down the defrost vent.. I know I dropped a pencil down there and the passenger side had cold air blowing on the feet of the passenger side. I used the car on a 130 mi round trip commute. Welcome to the world of Volkswagens. You can take the heads off with 300k on them and the score marks from the factory are still on the block but you have replace the valve seals, been locked out due to door handles falling off in your hand. Had the engine drop down when you change the starter, Need a PHD in mechanical engineering to figure out how to tighten belts. If you go to a junk yard look for the relay somewhere near the glove box (green I think). Grab an ECU if you can. Oh yea the other weird thing was a diode in the alternator that you had to wrap at times and there was a wire near the coil that seemed to give you problems on very cold days. Despite all that I loved that car and had 400k on it. I had a Honda that gave me no problems but only lasted 150k and was no where near as much fun to drive. Oh yea the air-conditioned drain hose falling off leaving a huge puddle on the drivers side. On the good side plugs, rotor, cap wires and oil change 10 minutes tops. Almost takes longer to drive the car up on ramps. Oh yea the belt scream when they get wet those were the days... I think I will buy an old convertible and a set of metric and standard wrenches (another weird thing) and give it to my son go to town on it.

GO LOOK FOR THAT RELAY Follow the wires from the temperature control unit. Ps 87 no turbo diesel in the US .

"chris1990" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
newsviewer