Charger or Alternator? Battery Question:

I went out to my 94 Jetta GL Auto to take it for it?s Sunday drive (it?s my back-up vehicle) only to discover that it?s (12 month old) battery was dead. That?s when I found the parking light switch in the on position...

Q: When I jump start it Monday, will the alternator be sufficient to bring it back to a full charge state, or would it make more sense to have the battery placed on a trickle charge, for a extended period?

I appreciate the feedback.

Tom G, Sr.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Name: T. & D. Gregor, Sr. E-Mail: snipped-for-privacy@scenery.org Web-Site:

"The Scenery Hall of Fame" Subscribe to our Newsletter: snipped-for-privacy@topica.com

Reply to
T. & D. Gregor, Sr.

The best approach would be to trickle charge it before starting and forget about a jump start. However if you do jump start, if the alternator is good it will eventually fully charge the battery.

RC

Reply to
Raymond Cruz

I would just jump it. It went out from a light being on, there should be enough power.

Reply to
vwlemonpop