Lidl Battery Charger

I've been waiting for this Lidl battery charger to come up again. Great little thing and although it's £3 more than the last one I bought I am going to get another. It's a 3 stage type charger and keeps the battery in my rarely used car at full charge without overcharging. Once it's reached the full charge voltage it switches off but trickle charges if voltage falls below a certain level. Also does pulse charging on very low batteries. Does

6 volt too.

Very nice charger and only recommending it as such good quality and very good price.

Reply to
Mark

Yup I've had a similar tronic a couple of years now and not a bad little charger. I've been using a diesel van for the last 3 months so have had this permanently connected to my car while it's not been used.

Reply to
Redwood

I don't think it does 6v though. If it's like mine there are 3 settings, the 1st is a slower charge of around 1.5 amps, 2nd charges at around 3.6amps and the 3rd charges at the same 3.6amps but carries on charging a bit longer till the batt voltage rises to around 15v before going into float mode.

Reply to
Redwood

The ones I have are actually marked as 6 volts. A single button toggles it through 6 volt, 12 and maintenance charge. Excellent bit of kit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My Apologies, its 12 volts only. It was the motorbike icon on one of the settings that made me think it did 12 volts. Full info identical to instruction booklet can be found in this pdf

Mark