CODE 4626?

I have a 2000 Golf TDI. Today it seemed to loose about 50% of it's power, then shortly thereafter the "Check Engine' light came on. I hooked up my trusty C-Tool scanner and it displayed code 4626. The book that came with the scanner describes this code as "Charge pressure Control difference". Of course my Haynes Manual does not even list this code. I've searched the TDI Club with no luck. Could someone "in the know" please post a clue of what the heck this means, or a link to a website that has ECM codes & their breakdown? Or feel free to e-mail me directly if you can help. Thanks guyz.

Reply to
David

I do not know the answer to your question, but I did see a Tech Bulletin that said that ECM codes related to boost pressure (charge pressure) may be caused by leaking (worn/torn) intake hoses during charge conditions.

Reply to
Jeff

I do not know the answer to your question, but I did see a Tech Bulletin that said that ECM codes related to boost pressure (charge pressure) may be caused by leaking (worn/torn) intake hoses during charge conditions.

Reply to
Jeff

David,

Along with the decrease in power was there an increase in the amount of black smoke emissions from the exhaust? If so, it maybe worth looking to see if any or the pipes around the intercooler have popped off (Right hand inner wing). If the larger pipe has come detached this would decrease the amount of boost to the turbo and therefore over fuel the engine. If this is the case and you reattach the pipe and it blows off again check the smaller upper intercooler pipe has not come adrift CHECK BOTH ends.

As for the 4626 code......Mate I ain't got a clue. mine didn't come on sorry no help there.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Chuckie F

Reply to
Chuckie Finzter

Nope, no increase in smoke or fumes. Actually it runs fine at low RPM's, just lacks any power when kicking down to passing gear or pulling a hill.

Reply to
David

Well I've searched the web with no luck Does anyone out there have a VW manual that describes code 4626 & what causes the fault? I talked to the service manager at my nearest VW Dealership, & he said it sounded like either a stopped up fuel filter, or carbon build-up in the intake system. I replaced the fuel filter & checked the system for carbon (looked pretty darn clean, only has 80K miles on it), cleared the codes again, but with no improvement. Still has no power & after a mile or so of driving, the check engine light came on again...same code 4626. Crrrap.

Reply to
David Mosley

Yay success at last. Problem turned out to be a split vacuum hose going to the wastegate pulloff chamber. Runs good now with plenty of pep, & no more fault codes or check engine light. I was fearing I'd loose my left knut to the VW Dealership in labor charges.

Reply to
David