dead instrument panel

Help
My Daughters 95 Jetta 2.0 has a suddenly dead instrument cluster. Analog tach, speedo, fuel, and what ever else is in there all remain motionless.
The digital odometer, trip and main are also blank. All "idiot" (I prefer "non-motorhead") lights seem to work on startup. I couldn't see a fuse actually marked for this cluster. Any suggestions on where a helpful dad should start looking?
Thanks
Best to do is check all the fuses first.

Yes

in the electronic board there is a voltage regulator that should be the problem