Re: Instrument Panel Dead (gauges)

Another thing to try... Go through your fusebox and pull each fuse out for

5-10 seconds, then put it back in. In my 92 Caravan, I had a problem 2 or 3 times (hasn't done it in a LONG time now...?) where the dash was completely dead - no speedo, no tach, no odometer running, etc. Someone suggested pulling all the fuses and when I put them back in, it was working. The next time it happened, I pulled them one at a time and put them back in. I believe there was something else odd going on too, perhaps the dinger for door open and keys in the iginition wasn't dinging. The last time I did it, the keys were in the ignition and it started going off when I pulled and replaced the right fuse. I could be remembering the wrong detail though, it's been a few years...

Wesley

My gauges have stopped working on my 94 Intrepid with 3.3 liter. The tach, > Speedometer, and heat gauge and fuel gauge all read zero, also the shift > indicator lights don't light up. The back lighting on the cluster works, > high-beam indicator works, as well as the turn signal indicators. Ok, so it > seems to me that theirs a broken ground ? What's the common failure that > causes these gauges to stop working on this car ? > > I've pulled the instrument panel out and looked it over, but the circuit > board is coved with a white plastic. Thought I'd ask here before I pulled > that plastic cover off and started soldering around on it. Should I just go > to the junk yard and buy a used cluster ? Or, is it even in the cluster ? > > -- > Mhzjunkie > >
Reply to
Wesley