First MKV Jetta sighting

A web site stated that weight. I had a hard time believing that number. I think my 67 Beetle weighed about 1700 lbs, The 84 GTI I guess was about 2,000 lbs. While my father in law's 914 feels fairly solid I could not imagine it being that heavy. Both the 914 and the

944 have quite nice handl>2900 lbs? maybe if the driver and passenger both weight 500 lbs. each

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

About a year ago, my buddy's girlfriend has a 914/4 with the 2.0 litre VW motor. Never driven a 914/6 but rode shotgun in one once. No, they aren't fast in a straight line, but great handling, considering the age of the vehicle. I'd bet that with new tires the 914/6 could keep pretty close to a new 325xi in slamlom testing.

Reply to
Steven Grauman

I think it's a typo, a 914 IIRC is actually closer to 1900 lbs. I know I can pick the front end up and swing it around to get it into a pole barn without lots of backing and filling :)

BTW I have accepted the fact that I will never get to fixing it up (just doesn't make economic sense to pay someone, and I don't have the skills to fix the body right by myself) so offers are being entertained (see .sig for pics)

nate

snipped-for-privacy@doesthisblockporkm> A web site stated that weight. I had a hard time believing that

Reply to
Nate Nagel

According to the reviews I've read, the new A6 is significantly larger in almost every dimension, notably width.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

**Sure, but stop comparing cars and start comparing drivers. :) Perhaps that guy didn't have the cajones to trust his car when braking/shifting for a fast corner or he can't heel-toe so well. Or maybe he can't hit the lines right so his exits are slow. He could've been a bit shaky because that same weekend, someone else crashed their Porsche.

My sister is pretty serious about it when she's out there. She and hubby often do those weekend Skip Barber courses at Limerock as well as a lot of professional instruction.

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

**This lends to what I read either here or on one of the forums: The best place to view the new Jetta/Golf is from the driver's seat. Agreed on the BBS.
**Why are they going to put the 2.3 in the Mazdaspeed 6 when there's a V6 available for the 6? I went to the website today and poked around a bit. They have a model there called the Mazda 3 SP23. It looked awesome.

Also, I wanted to thank you for answering all my questions. If you do anymore test drives or see the A3, for instance, please post about it. I like hearing about the aesthetics and the technical aspects of the new cars.

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

EXACTLY. My E-class purchase is a direct result of the crappy styling on the 5 and nothing more.

Reply to
wkearney99

An uncle of mine recently purchsed an E500. I sat in it and toyed with the controls and stereo but didn't actually drive it or get a ride, very nice though. I have, however, ridden in a last-gen E55 and while it was fast, it didn't feel quite as balanced as the slower 540i I had driven (also an older one, a 1998 - E36?). How does the new E stack up to the 5er in terms of balance and driving performance?

Reply to
Steven Grauman