Golf GTI 8v keeps missing at high revs only

Hi All,

New here so please go easy on me, cheers.

I have a Golf GTI 8v that has 80k miles on it (i've had it since 70k), the car has been running like a dream up unit last month.

Problem

Pritty straight forward, take the car above 3.5k Revs and it misses like a pig. its fine a low revs.

What i have done so far :

Replaced Sparks Replaced Spark Cables Replaced Complete Distributor Replaced Ignition module Replace Rota Arm Replace Alternator

I have taken the car to a local garage who have done a full compression check on the engine and found no problems, they also could not find any problems.

Any help please.

Reply to
roger_patel

Are you using new parts? I had to ask. :-) You need to tell us what year GTi you have? I would ASSuME an 86-87.

DId you replace the fuel filter and check the fuel pressure? Do the fuel pumps sound loud? Did you check the fuel pump relay? Maybe it is cutting the pumps off. How about the ign. coil?

I have bought new Bosch Spark Plug Wires that were defective. :-( Knock sensor might affect the ign advance some.

Just some thoughts!

dave