Who needed that 5spd transmission rear section

I think it was someone with a 82 Jetta Diesel that was involved in an accident.

I should have that section that you need. I can post a picture of it too! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

hey thats me. email me at: snipped-for-privacy@att.net

thanks

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comANTISPAM (dave) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com:

shoes.

Reply to
Kevin

While digging through my garage full of stuff, I actually found one off of an

88 Jetta that had a bad final drive. Final drive took out all of the gears and about the only thing that was left is this section. I'll post a picture tonight and send you the link to make sure it is what you want.

dave

Thanks for the help. And please give some pointers for putting it on. It cant be done without removing can it? And is there a gasket for this area? Thanks kevin

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comANTISPAM (dave) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m05.aol.com:

shoes.

Reply to
Kevin

picture here

I think it is easier to install with the trans out and laying down on it's bellhousing. RTV will work if you don't have a gasket.

You could try to install it without removing the trans, but all or most of the fluid will come out. You would really need to tilt the car quite a bit to keep the fluid inside of the trans. Of course clean that area very well before you disassemble it. ;-)

I tried your 007 address and it came back to me.

dave

Hi Thanks for the pic. It looks right to me. Try my email again, either one:

snipped-for-privacy@att.net

snipped-for-privacy@att.net

Let me know what you want for the part, and give me your address and I will send check or MO.

Thanks, kevin

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comANTISPAM (dave) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m16.aol.com:

shoes.

Reply to
Kevin

What is it worth? Maybe someone has an idea, cause I don't

Make a fair offer. Also trying to mail this directly to you too! Maybe your ISP is blocking AOL mail! lol

vwdoc1 at aol dot com later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

I've never replaced the end cap in an A1 with the tranny in the car but have in A2's. Support the tranny, disconnect the speedo cable, and clutch cable if you need the slack, remove the mounts, lower it, and replace through the wheel well. The endcap has a bearing that should be replaced), I'd replace the paper gasket with stock (it's expensive) and watch out for the spring at the end of the gear selector rod. Again, the procedure may vary slightly with the A1's, I don't recall.

It's time to change the fluid anyways. ;-)

Don't forget to paint the tranny Chevy orange while you're at it.

Darryl.

Reply to
Darryl