Golf Mk 5 Idling problems

I have just purchased a Golf Mk5 2.0 FSI in Perth Australia. The engine shudders like it is misfiring when idling and I have been told by the dealer this is because the engine management system runs the car lean as poss to reduce emisssions. I am running it on 98 oct BP Ultimate which is the best (and most expensive) fuel we have here. Has anyone else had or heard of this problem?

Not happy I have shelled out for a brand new car that feels like it's running on 3 cylinders like an old banger!

Reply to
jam

Hi,

I've noticed same kind of behaviour after idling about 30 seconds. I'm using sulfur-free 98 oct gasoline.

I don't think it is a problem, but do anybody else have more information on this?

regards, Oskari

Golf V, 1.6 FSI, Finland

Reply to
Oskari