Loss of coolant - follow up.. MkIII

I don't know about that, but I bet one of those neato infra-red cameras could do it. I saw one used to evaluate the insulation of a home, so it should be sensitive to a few degrees.

This is assuming the blocked passage is near an easily visible portion of the cylinder head. If it's in back it'll be buried under the exhaust manifolds etc and hard to "see".

Reply to
tylernt

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1173669622.958817.234940 @n33g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

This gives me an interesting idea. You could use a standard cheap "webcam" to quickly examine engine/exhaust systems for unusual heat, since those cameras are sensitive to near infrared. Hook it up to a laptop and take it down to a running car (in the shade)

Reply to
Jem Berkes