Need to replace ECU on 97 Jetta Jazz, 2.0 ABA, automatic.

The ECU (037 906 259 N) does not apply a ground to the relay that drives the AIR pump and the vacuum solenoid that opens the valve to the exhaust manifold. I've tested the wiring all the way to the ECU, and verified that the AIR pump and solenoid will work with 12v applied. The ECU is supposed to apply the grounds for 17 seconds when the car first starts up, but it no longer does, and so the Check Engine light is on because it is registering a fault code for the AI

If I can't find this specific ECU, is there any other ECU code that can replace it? Also, is there any initialization procedure when I replace this ECU

TIA

Vinc

-- vinny

View this thread: