No Blink Codes: Need help diagnosing

1995 2l Jetta (Motronic).

Cold running is rough, I have lots of hesitation. Once warm, it still feels like the engine is underpowered. If you deck it, it pulls hard and around 3500 it feels like it dies off for a second then continues.

So, I tried to get ECU blink codes, but the process doesn't seem to work for my car, the check engine light is on....

So, what should try and replace. I've done the usual, plug, wires, vaccum lines, cap, rotor. So should I try for the O2 sensor? Maybe the coolant temp sensor? Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Adam

Reply to
Adam Oldham

Well you can keep GUE$$ING or have the DTCs read and narrow down the cause of your check engine light. Autozone and others might do it free. Or buy a scan tool like the one on ross-tech.com and not only read them but do other things too.

dave