95 Dodge Neon w/ codes P0134, P0401, U3FFF

I have a 1995 Dodge Neon w/ a 5-speed manual transmission that I drive to and from work. My check engine light came on and I got three codes from it: P0134- O2 Sensor CKT No Activity (bank 1, sensor 1) P0401- EGR Flow insufficient U3FFF- No DTC Definition Found

The problem I am having occurs about 30 min into driving the car, from a cold start. It loses acceleration(in second, third, fourth and fifth gears), sputters and if I pull over, the RPMs drop below 600 and the car starts to sputter, like it?s going to just stall and die. If I turn it off, and back on, the RPMs rev quite high (up to 3500 in some cases). I am usually at my destination in 30-60 min and after it sits in the parking lot, it starts up fine, sounds normal, doesn?t have any problems until about 30 min into my drive home...

I would like to repair/replace any parts myself if possible, but if not, would like to know which code might be causing my problems so I can get it in and out of the shop quickly on my days off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Snowz

When did you have the last tune up done with a good set of plug wires, The

02 sensor code could cause a surge while driving and if it shorts out could cause other problems as well. The proper way to diagnosis this would be to have a scan tool connected and systems monitored.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower