No Cat results

Explain that one to me... how is their measuring system going to be faulty because I took that cat off my truck? Whatever comes out of the tailpipe is going to be measured by the machine... reguardless of what pollution controls are on it. There is no reason to need to change the testing method.

My truck could easily pass emissions testing with no cat... unfortunately it would fail becasue of the visual inspection. REDUNDANT!! If it's not polluting and is within spec, what the hell does it matter? That's just it, IT DOESN'T! But the gov't has to have it's nose in everyones business.

Luckily there are no emissions tests in my area anyway...

Not really... just someone who knows the truth about the bureaucracies of government comtrol. And someone who isn't a reality warping liberal.

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

The measurement test was designed to measure a vehicle with a converter. You are now asking it to measure something else.

My only point is that now you are measuring something not intended and therefore you should not trust the results.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I don't believe that is true. I have friends with cars old enough to not have catalytic converters, but new enough to have to pass smog checks. These cars are measured with the same equipment as cars with catalytic converters.

Reply to
Randolph

Are you a moron or what? The machine is measiuring the POLLUTANTS coming out the tail pipe! THAT'S IT! Doesn't matter if there's a cat on it or not, it's going to measure the following things:

HC - Hydrocarbons CO - Carbon monoxide CO2 - Carbon dioxide

02 - Oxygen NOX - Oxides of nitrogen

A pass or fail depends on the amounts of these things that are comming out of your tailpipe. Whether or not there is a cat in your system makes no difference to the machine. Cat-converters were introduced back in 1975 because the technology in engines back then wasn't nearly as good as it is today. They were designed to convert certain harmful pollutants into non harmful gasses, and reduce other pollutants. Todays engines are so clean that there's really not much that a cat improves... hence the reason that most newer cars show no difference in emissions with or without cats.

But the EPA would have none of this... you can't convince radical liberals anything based on good sense.

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell