jetta brake caliper replacement ??

hello,

i have a 1994 jetta. my passenger side rear brake caliper needs to be replaced. anything i need to be aware of from someone who has performed this already?

also, i am not sure about the brake fluid. will it all leak out when the hose is disconnected? do you just discard it an replace with new fluid? any advice on bleeding?

thanks. chuck

Reply to
chuck

I was about to give you DIY advice until the last paragraph. It almost sounds like you have never worked on brakes b4? If that is the case, please do not attempt to do it yourself, its not something you want to fake your way through.

Reply to
Biz

I agree with Biz. You don't sound like you are ready to work on a part of your car that can get you killed. Brake work is not that expensive. Your life is worth whatever it cost. Don't wait until next week.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan