No wonder

Received replacement. Lubed with silicon grease per packaging instructions. When I was about to mate new cable with speedometer, felt a protrusion from it. The protruding part slid out from the speedometer with little effort. Examined it. Its an extension for the speedometer cable inside part, stupid me. Part that actually turns speedometer is plastic, has 2 metal crimp adapters. One crimp adapter WAS attached to the speedometer cable inside part.

The new part had no such adapter and was sized adequately to mate with speedometer. Need no extension. No clickety noise. No speedometer hesitation or needle bounce.

88 Fox wagon.
Reply to
Jonny