Non Working Power Convertible Top 1999 Cabrio

Hi Just bought a 1999 Cabrio with nonworking power top.

I am working down the troubleshooting list in the Alldata online manual. Instructionns says to check the hydraulic pump fluid level with the top down. Is it safe to manually put the top down on a power top model. Also Alldata doesn't say where to ad fluid to the pump reservoir, or what kind of fluid to use. Fluid is very low with the top up. I'm guessing there is going to be a fluid leak in pump or line.

Reply to
issjoe

There is a small port where the fluid should be added on the pump's tank. Use Pentosin or dealer power-steering fluid. You'll need to remove the rear passenger side panels to inspect the hoses and cylinders that are probably leaking.

Reply to
Madesio