Non Working Power Top 1999 Cabrio

Anyone know how to troubleshoot nonworking power top on 1999 Cabrio?

Reply to
issjoe

I DO!

But what doesn't it do?

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

ide quoted text -

Hit the up swith position or down switch positionfrom the dash switch, and the top doesn't move. The fuse in fuse block is good. If you run a hot wire from the battery to the pump nothing happens. If you unplug the electical plug at the pump there is intermitent power to a test light. The hydraulicfluid was low and has been filled up.

Reply to
issjoe

I take it the pump motor doesn't run. Have you checked the ground wires?

Hit the up swith position or down switch positionfrom the dash switch, and the top doesn't move. The fuse in fuse block is good. If you run a hot wire from the battery to the pump nothing happens. If you unplug the electical plug at the pump there is intermitent power to a test light. The hydraulicfluid was low and has been filled up.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

There should be a way to test the pump by creating my own ground . If pump runs then I will know there is a bad ground. Howevr I can't seem to get my mind around that procedure.

Reply to
issjoe