O2 Sensors..

Lambda (O2, Oxygen, exhaust-gas) sensor has died on my 1996 MK3 8V GTI. I got a copy of VAG-COM, made up the cable and read the fault codes. Joy...

My question is.. does anyone know what the differences between the different O2 sensors are. I know about the heated and single wire etc. Looking at ETKA, the part number for mine is "030 906 265 AP". At 125-quid from the main dealer, so I'm hunting on ebay etc. I've come across a few with the same part number, but different suffix letter (or letters). Can anyone enlighten me as to what this means?

Thanks in adv.

Reply to
The Admiral