P. Steering swap -please help

Hi, all. Here's the deal. My daily driver (Blue 86 Golf 1.8 8v CIS-e) has got what looks like a loose water pump pulley which seems to be leaking fluid. The Blue Golf has no power steering. I have a parts car (White 89

1.8 8v Digi2) with power assist steering. I am assuming the waterpumps are not interchangeable because of the PS non-PS difference.

I would like to swap the power assist assembly and the water pump into my Blue 86.

Does anybody have any information on this idea.

Would it be a fairly cut and paste type of thing with all the steering parts etc.

The steering in the blue golf is in serious need of a tune up so any suggestions of parts or bushings to replace while having the whole setup out would be helpful too.

Thanks very much,

-Andrew

Reply to
DruG