Re: A2 Jetta rear defrost troubles

I'm trying to troubleshoot some problems with the rear defrost.

> Anybody know what the meter readings should be on the terminals(+ and > -), wires, and on the grid itself? Any help would be awsome. > > Thanks.

Here we go: Ignition on, defrost switch on. On one terminal you should see +12V (according to my manual there might be a white cable ont that terminal) measured against the car body. If not, and you're sure this is the hot terminal, look for the brokne connection. On the other terminal you should see 0V (according to my manual there might be a black cable ont that terminal) measured against the car body. If you see +12V on both terminals -> bad ground.

The 12V drop equally along the grid, thus measuring along one line of the grid there should be no jump form 12 to 0 or vice versa, otherwise you found a crack in the line.

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune