nissan micra heated rear window

my nissan micra has a heated rear screen to provent condensation the button is on but no light dont now if it works some times steems up and other times dont no pattern to it any sergetions mike

Reply to
nipsy

Check the fuse.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

yes checked all the fusez none are blown or missing??

Reply to
nipsy

There will also be a relay somewhere. Get a multimeter and with the switch ON, check there is 12V getting to one side of the coil and earth on the other. The connections are usually embossed onto the relay cover.

On one side of the make contact you should also get 12V and a few ohms to earth on the other side, which will be the resistance of the screen. If you can't see that, then the wiring into the screen is faulty.

Reply to
Andy Cap

Light doesn't work in ours either, but the heater does.

How's your reversing light?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

The OP doesn't say which Micra it is, but the K11 (bubble shape) has a habit of fracturing the loom where it goes into the tailgate, due to all the flexing over the years. I've just repaired one where neither the rear screen heater or number plate light worked. Had to pull the loom through a bit and reconnect all the wires. That doesn't explain the indicator light not working though, unless it's a coincidence.

BobC

Reply to
BobC

checked it and it dose work but no light thanks

also my driver side indicator went but the bulb was fine what i done was take the bulb put a screw driver in and pull the spring type fixing out a little

many thanks michael

Reply to
nipsy

Didn't know that, ta.

I don't think the reversing light has worked on our K11 since we bought it ~3 years ago. It's got a switch at the back of the gearbox that I've tested and which appears to be doing nothing. The strange part though is that the switch also indicates neutral to the magic box but this appears not to work too. The car doesn't seem to suffer for it, which makes me wonder why the switch is there.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Just thought - maybe that's for the autos?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Hi friends. My problem seems the opposite. Just bought an old 1999 V-reg Micra Profile 1.0 and the fascia swithc light comes on but the heater does not seem to work. At first glance the connections at the window look ok, and the fuse looks fine. First thoughts are the relay (wherever on earth that is to be found!). All help appreciated. Stormin.

url:

Stormin NormanR

To what?

Most likely point of failure on hatchback HRW's is where the wiring passes through from the body to the tailgate.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Hi Chris, thx for the initial suggestion. Also I meant the the first thread message mention the heater working but not the fascia switch, while my problem was the opposite. Thx again.

url:

Stormin NormanR